[Hudlug] The Flood Of Messages Today

Dave Pattern hudlug at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Jan 18 11:52:00 2003

Shak - if you need/want any accessibility advice regarding the web
design, just give me a shout (it's partly what I do for a living).
You can use CSS to improve the contrast of the links that appear in
the dark blue areas.

Apart from the contrast that Anne mentions, the only other problem
I'd raise is the fact that the font size is fixed by your stylesheet
(e.g. "font-size : 10px;") - it's safer to go for a relative
percentage size (e.g. "font-size : 80%;") so that users can control
the text size via their browser.

Not sure if you'd already considered this, but the site works
extremely well for any colour blind users out there (blue is a
relatively safe colour).  If any one is interested in seeing how
things look to a colour blind user, there's a free Photoshop plug-in
available at http://www.vischeck.com/downloads/

Finally, if I was being finiky(sp?) then I'd suggest that the top
section of the page (with the logo and HudLUG) is dead space at the
moment and some of the Main Menu links could be moved up there to
free space in the left-hand column?

Please take all of the above as constructive critism, as you've done
a fantastic job!

DaveyP