[Hudlug] Samba Client for Windows 2000 network

Andrew Charlesworth hudlug at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Jan 24 17:02:01 2003

Hi,

I'm currently setting up a Mandrake client to connect to a Windows 2000 server
and I've got more than half way and I'm now stuck.

I can connect to the server fine, but only get read only access, the user has
been created on the windows system and works fine using a win client.

The contents of fstab are the usual followed by:

//win2ksrvr/dir /home/user/dir smbfs username=user,password=passwd 0 0

I've tried adding noauto and umask=0 as parameters but they don't help at all.
I think there must be an extra parameter to pass, but I can't find it.

Currently running Mandrake 9.0 and the mandrake websites only lists the
previously mentioned parameters to try.

Thanks
Andrew