[Hudlug] Tip for Debian users

Chris Lindley hudlug at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Jan 30 07:39:01 2003

On Tue, 2003-01-28 at 19:01, Mark Anderson wrote:
> Tim Bray wrote:
>
> > The clever thing about the sl I described is that it understands common
> > ls options.
> >
> > sl
> > sl -a
> > sl -l
> > sl -la
> >
> > are all a bit different.
>
> man sl
>
> Check out the "BUGS" section.

I must say I do this all the time, plus my usual one is "l s-la" or
"ls-la".

But, from using M$ word since 2.0 to 6.0 (under OS/2 I hasten to add) I
have got an annoying habit of typing "teh" instead of "the".   Because
of the dammed autocorrect function of these apps, I never used to
correct myself, and now I seem to have it ingrained in my fingers, and
constantly have to correct myself!!!

I now always turn off "auto-correct functions"  :-)

Cheers
Chris

--
  Chris Lindley