[Hudlug] helpful request

Thunder hudlug at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Mar 19 13:01:00 2003

On Wed, 2003-03-19 at 12:09, Tim wrote:
> Charles Blackburn wrote:
> > i've signed up for dsl which hopefully is going to be installed around
> > the end of the month.
> >
> > However, my isp says that I wont get the modem till after the line has
> > been converted over :(
> Which ISP ?   If you tell me BT openworld I will cry.

Yea BTo :P

no seriously
nildram, bcus they're on the same network as the majority of the
gameservers I play on. So i better get Uber-l337 Pings else there's
gunna b trubble :P

> > So my requestis does any1 have a spare dsl modem I could borrow for a
> > week or two just in case that they do as they say and dont send the
> > modem to me until a couple of weeks after the line has been activated?
> >
> > i'd appreciate this help. Failing that if sum1 has a spare they would
> > like to get rid of, i'd appreciate it too.
>
> The only way I can help you is by selling you a Draytek 2600 ADSL
> router.    So if you want a nice firewall, VPN ....

yes but what would I do with my linux router and 8 IP's then ?

how much would the router be? and is it able to allow me to open
ports/forward ports etc?

regards
charles