[Hudlug] file permissions in Samba

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Nov 19 14:14:43 GMT 2003

On Wednesday 19 Nov 2003 2:04 pm, Simon Fox-Jones wrote:
> Both users A and B are added to the group office and the permisions
> were are set so that the group is RWX on the file in question , yet
> each time either of the users uses the file they seem to take
> ownership and then change the group permissions to R only, its very
> bizzare

Batting in the dark here, but sometimes thinking aloud sets of new
trains of thought.  The ownership changing, I can sort of see.  But
why would perms for the group change?  Could it be something in user
setup that fixes r only as the default for groups?  I don't know if
that's possible?

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302