[Hudlug] Udev

Paul Brook paul at nowt.org
Thu Jul 8 22:44:09 BST 2004

On Thursday 08 July 2004 22:33, Dave Naylor wrote:
> Hey Ho
>
> Anyone else switched to Udev over Devfs.  I did so tonight and it was
> reasonably painless.  Anyone else moved over?

Yep, I switched a while back because devfs make my kernels crash.
It took a bit of hacking to get the initrd working (this machine has
root-on-LVM-on-swraid), but other than that it was fairly painless.

For some reason Debian decided to create /dev/vc/[0-6] instead
of /dev/tty[0-6], but init still tried to spawn getty on them (ie console
login broke). That was easily fixed though once I figured out what was
happening.

Paul