[Hudlug] newbee

Michael Adams mick at in-fact.com
Mon Nov 22 11:49:30 GMT 2004

Hi,

For a beginner i'd say look at one of the 'easy' distro's such as
Mandrake/Fedora etc.. - these will come with everything you need to get
started.

For the office suite have a look at www.openoffice.org and see how you
get on with that (you can run it on windows too so you could get used to
it before trying linux out).

david richards wrote:

> Hi, I'm getting more and more disenchanted with windows, its product
> activation and bloat/spy ware, i am wanting to explore the Linux
> operating system as a possible replacement for Microsoft products,
> ideally i would like to try out a distro on a test basis with version
> of an office suite, can any one help me with minimum requirements for
> some thing to replace office 2000 and windows9x?

The contents of this email and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and copyright, and may also be privileged. They are
are addressed. Any unauthorised reading, use, distribution or copying
of the information contained herein is prohibited.

If you have received this communication in error, you may not take any
action
based upon it, nor may you rely on it for any purpose.
Please notify inFact Technical Support of any error on +44(0) 1274 841321

It is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure this email and
attachments
are free from computer viruses before use and the sender accepts no
responsibility or liability for any such computer viruses.

inFact UK Ltd
Unit 21
Business & Innovation Centre
Angel Way