[Hudlug] Topics for next meeting

Beezly beezly at beezly.org.uk
Sat Sep 10 23:43:58 BST 2005

Hello all,

Just a quick note to ask people about the next meeting on the 3rd October.

If there is a topic that you would like to give a small presentation
about please shout! Also, if there's anything that you would
particularly like to hear about, let the mailing list know - someone
might be an expert and be willing to put something together!

For those who are in two minds about giving a presentation, please take
a look at the mail I sent in April at
http://mailman.lug.org.uk/pipermail/hudlug/2005-April/000965.html. I
have found that the presentations are quite easy to put together and
it's surprising how long 5 or 6 slides can take to get through when you
have some people asking questions!

Again, if anyone wants a wiki account, please shout here or on IRC.

The last thing I want to mention is http://planet.hudlug.org.uk/ -
someone mentioned on the wiki that they'd like to see a "planet" for
HudLUG people, so I set one up. If you are unsure what a planet is,
please take a look at http://planetplanet.org/. At the moment, I am the
only person on Planet HudLUG, but it would be fantastic if we could get
more people (otherwise it's just going to be Planet Beezly!) - so if you
keep a blog of any description, let me know and I'll add you to the
Planet. I'll mention it at the next meeting and I can add people to the
planet then too.

Info about the next meeting will go up at
http://www.hudlug.org.uk/wiki/3_October_2005

Cheers,

Beezly