[Hudlug] linux command line

MICHAEL WEAVER michaelweaver1 at btinternet.com
Tue Aug 8 13:35:08 BST 2006

I have read I think it was on the Bug list or some list of features
people hope to impliment in Ubuntu that Speakup may be included in Edgie
so that may give me more control of the command line.
With no keypad as yet I don't have full control of all screenreader
commands for example reading lines ie for example when doing a ls
command and reviewing information might be important for example when
uncompressing files so at the moment I am kind of having to just
familiarise myself with my Linux system, looking at Gnome, which
applications seem to have some accessability, running terminal to get
the speech working and trying to see if I can move to directories and
explore their contents.
I also think if I had got the USB stick my sister ended up giving to mum
and knew how to make backups and restore them I would be more confident
in trying stuff, knowing that I should be able to restore if something
were to go wrong ie copying that 0.26 Orca .tgz file from my CD and
building it to get the latest update.