[Hudlug] better speech on my laptop

MICHAEL WEAVER michaelweaver1 at btinternet.com
Sun Dec 3 19:45:21 GMT 2006

If I can get Edgy running on my laptop I am going to try and see if I
can get better speech.
I can just about cope with Festival but it sounds like someone who has
been dropped in water and isn't the best when it comes to clarity in
noisy environments.
Maybe I need to get Dectalk working if I can recompile Gnome Speech,
maybe installing and setting up Dectalk befoe I build Gnome Speech from
a source file.
Someone else suggested a software synthesiser called Espeak but you have
to do some work to get it working as you have to download
Speech-dispatcher and modify the speech.conf or something and change a
few things.