[Hudlug] Edgy installed at last

MICHAEL WEAVER michaelweaver1 at btinternet.com
Tue Dec 5 10:13:42 GMT 2006

I am pleased someone made progress with that Alternative CD to get me up
and running with Edgy.
As a certain commic caracter said "I don't believe it!"
I reckon if the people who star in or produce "One foot in the grave"
want new material I am sure they could produce an episode on IT, the
trials of installing Ubuntu Edgy *grin*
I threw out enough CDs thinking they were faulty or that I had not
burned it properly.
Only joking about the tearing my hair out trying to get it working.
Haven't worked out everything yet but Edgy with Orca seems very promising.
I don't have to do that process of doing ALT F2, typing gnome-terminal,
hitting enter, typing Orca after I login which I had to do with Dapper
as speech comes up straight away after the Ubuntu music when I have
entered my username and password so that is a bit of progress in itself
as I think not every first time user of Linux probably doesn't know
anything about Gnome Terminal.
Would still like to change to a better software synthesiser at some
point, something like Dectalk or maybe this new one called Espeak but
they might take a little more work to configure especially if I am still
a newby even though Lorenzo Taylor has given me instructions as to how
to configure Orca to work with Espeak.