[Hudlug] linux accessability

MICHAEL WEAVER michaelweaver1 at btinternet.com
Sat Feb 25 03:56:40 GMT 2006

If someone can possibly take me through Gnopernicus at some point with its
keystrokes, I may be able to give some input on accessability although
programming is over my head so it would be up to any techies either the
people who wrote Gnopernicus or someone else to impliment any suggestions I
might make to improve accessability of applications.
Apart from not being able to program and maybe with someone which has no
Visual Impairment taking me through an application, I may be able to suggest
how controls could be made to work.
For example if someone loaded Gnucash and I was on a screen for creating an
account, someone could take me through the various fields and maybe it could
be suggested that if you tab through the fields the fields could be made to
speak.
The advantage I have apart from needing a Sighted person with me to describe
a gnome application is that because I am not working at the moment I have
plenty of time on my hands to maybe be able to do something like this,
assuming someone can maybe give me idea of what controls are in an
application. I just gave Gnucash as an example as it seems an alternative to
Windows Microsoft Money, Quicken or Money Talks which is a talking program
which has been designed for Blind people to keep accounts which is self
voicing although I myself haven't got it to work and am not sure if it only
supports /US currency as it was written by American Printing house for the
Blind or something like that.