[Hudlug] Debian and display settings

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Jan 4 10:17:11 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 03 Jan 2006 16:24, Tim Bray wrote:
> Paul Brook wrote:
> > dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86
>
> This is the one you need.
>
> > Depending which X server you're using (I can't remember if Sarge
> > has xorg).
>
> Sarge is no xorg. If you want it, I think it is un ubuntu, or you can
> just change to use debian testing (code name etch).  I think etch is
> still a bit in the air yet.

Hi, Tim.  I shan't bother changing it.  This is a temporary/experimental
install, so that I can assess it for use on a home lan server.  There's
simply no need for the latest and greatest, as long as I can work out
how to get security patches.  I hope to have time to look at that
today.

Thanks for the reply, though.

Anne