[Hudlug] latest orca and dectalk

MICHAEL WEAVER michaelweaver1 at btinternet.com
Fri Jul 21 15:52:31 BST 2006

I have managed to download the latest Orca and will burn it to CD.
I have also purchased a copy of the I think 4.64 Dectalk software synth
which I will also burn for maybe using with Orca.
There is a cost for Dectalk but I have heard it demonstrated with Orca
and it is quite inteligable unlike some speech synthesisers and the
company who writes it claim it is better for noisy environments,
possibly as it is more human sounding than some synthesisers.
There is also a Dectalk version 5 but apparently Thomas Ward the chap
who gave me the URL for purchasing it seems to think the speech isn't as
clear in the later version which is why I purchased version 4.