[Hudlug] Newby to Linux

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Nov 6 17:08:08 GMT 2006

On Monday 06 November 2006 10:39, Middleton, Marcus wrote:
> Hi all
> 	I'm new to the Linux environment and am currently doing a very basic
> 8 week course run by Huddersfield Technical College at Slaithwaite Town
> Hall on a Monday evening. I'm wondering if it would be worthwhile attending
> the Meetings at the Vox Bar or is all the discussion going to go straight
> over my head?
>
> I'm currently trying to get NetBSD to run on an old Pencentra 130 CE2.11
> HPC, only to see what it can do. I am struggling with a few thing, is this
> something anyone in the group can help me with or is this type of thing not
> what you do.
>
> Any response would be appreciated

Hi, Marcus.  No guarantees, but there's a reasonable chance that someone can
help with what you are trying to do.  I don't know the hardware.  Can you
give some general spec details?

It's a pretty informal group.  I don't know how long the planned talk is, but
there will certainly be some time for more general chat.  Come along and meet
us.

Anne