[Hudlug] Newby to Linux

Chris Brown snecklifter at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 15:08:13 GMT 2006

Hello Marcus,

On 06/11/06, Middleton, Marcus <Marcus.Middleton at balfourkilpatrick.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>         I'm new to the Linux environment and am currently doing a very basic
> 8 week course run by Huddersfield Technical College at Slaithwaite Town Hall
> on a Monday evening.

On Linux? It would be interesting to hear about this.

> I'm wondering if it would be worthwhile attending the
> Meetings at the Vox Bar or is all the discussion going to go straight over
> my head?

Not at all. We have some people who are also new to Linux who turn up
and there is always good beer in case it is over your head.

> I'm currently trying to get NetBSD to run on an old Pencentra 130 CE2.11
> HPC, only to see what it can do. I am struggling with a few thing, is this
> something anyone in the group can help me with or is this type of thing not
> what you do.

If you're new to Linux this is close to the last thing I would attempt
to do but I'm interested nonetheless.

Cheers
Chris