[Hudlug] running ubuntu live but very sluggish

MICHAEL WEAVER michaelweaver1 at btinternet.com
Fri Nov 24 21:44:27 GMT 2006

I am still exploring my desktop using Ubuntu desktop CD as Live.
Trouble is it is very sluggish even on my desktop which I presume has
much more power processor wise which might explain why Orca doesn't come
up talking on my laptop when I try and run it with the ALT F2 after
Ubuntu has loaded.
I notice how slow Ubuntu Live is on my desktop because even opening the
Run dialogue takes a long time to responde when ALT F2 is pressed.
Look forward to installing it to my desktop and hopefully will have a
better speed than with running Ubuntu Live.