[Hudlug] linux on my desktop

MICHAEL WEAVER michaelweaver1 at btinternet.com
Fri Sep 1 04:03:18 BST 2006

    Thomas Ward replied to me about the applications that are available
under Linux that work with Orca and it seems like they are wider than I
thought so it has given me  More confidence to change my desktop to a
Linux only system as surely I am not as limited as I might once have
been as he said it will work with apps like Gedit, Gaim, Open Office,
Firefox, Evolution, many music and movie players, Totem, CD rippers, and
a lot of apps work from the shell.
If I do that, what information do I need to get a Sighted person to
check for when running the live Ubuntu CD for example when connecting to
the Internet via firefox?
Are there any settings I need to have a Sighted person write down if I
run Ubuntu as Live when using an Internet connection?
I presume if Ben or someone else were to come out to turn my desktop
into a Linux only system and if taking down settings is needed it would
be done anyway before a full install so I know that when that person has
gone away I can say for example open Evolution and know that I will
recieve my email or whatever application I am using which needs the
Internet.