[Hudlug] information on accessable applications

MICHAEL WEAVER michaelweaver1 at btinternet.com
Tue Sep 5 23:32:27 BST 2006

someone has produced a web page as regards applications accessable with
Orca and kind of stolen my thunder so to speak although I don't really
mind and it mentions an application I was hoping would be made to work
as Microsoft Money was not very accessable with Windoweyes as I had to
use the We cursor which is the mouse pointer to navigate and click on
certain options, Quicken got discontinued in the UK because the company
that made it withdrew support for UK users so stores like PC World
stopped selling it and Money Talks which was a talking financial program
never worked for me as it kept coming up with an error message and even
if it installed, because it was produced by NFB or American Printing
house for the Blind or something in the US, it might have only stored
account information in US Dollars and maybe not any other currency.
The information about the accessable apps I have included below.
GNOME Live!
Titles
Text
Orca
AccessibleApps
RecentChanges
FindPage
HelpContents
Orca/AccessibleApps
Immutable Page
Info
Attachments
More Actions:
Have you ever had the need to accomplish a given task, but were
uncertain as to whether
there was an accessible solution which would allow you to meet that need
under Gnome?
the aim of this wiki is to serve as a reference in those situations. Its
intent is
not to be a conclusive list of all applications. Rather, the goal is to
provide a
repository within which users can share experiences regarding
applications they have
tested.
Audio editing and recording tools
Jokosher
Homepage:
http://www.jokosher.org
Accessible as of version 0.1-0
this application has not yet been tested thoroughly; However, Basic
functions, such
as the navigation of menus and dialogs work as expected.
Chat and Messaging
Gaim
homepage:
http://gaim.sourceforge.net
Accessible as of version 1.5
Gaim has been extensively tested and scripted, and is a very accessible
solution.
Email applications
Evolution
Homepage:
http://www.gnome.org/projects/evolution/
Accessible as of version 2.6.1
address book distributed
suite from Novell, Inc.
Evolution has been tested and scripted extensively by the Orca team, and
is a viable
solution for all of your email, calendar, and contact management needs.
Financial management
Gnucash
Homepage:
http://www.gnucash.org
Known to be accessible as of version 2.0. Note however, that versions
prior to 2.0
are known to be inaccessible.
This application has not been tested extensively; However, early results
appear very
encouraging. all Wizards, menus and dialogs tested thus far have behaved
as expected.
Office and productivity
Openoffice.org
Homepage:
http://www.openoffice.org
Accessible as of version 2.03. Versions prier to 2.03 are known not to
be accessible.
that provides
a near drop-in replacement for Microsoft(R) Office.
At present, Openoffice Calc and Openoffice Writer have been extensively
scripted
and are undergoing testing. Currently Accessible functions in this suite
include:
Document creation and editing, spell checking, manipulation of tables
and forms,
as well as the ability to work with spreadsheets.
Package management
Synaptic Package Manager
GTK+ and APT.
Known to be accessible as of version 0.57.11
This package currently works relatively well; However,some issues do
exist which
may require scripting to correct. For example, when reading the table of
packages,
there doesn't seem to be a way to determine the status of a given
package; that is,
whether it is installed, not installed, marked for installation, etc.
Orca/AccessibleApps (last edited 2006-09-04 04:25:26 by
Al puzzuoli
)
Immutable Page
Info