[Hudlug] Re: No Internet with Netgear DG834G

Chris Brown snecklifter at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 14:02:01 BST 2007

Hello Derek,

On 17/04/07, Derek Allen <dmallen at uku.co.uk> wrote:

> So, thanks a lot everyone. The NetGear is far faster than the USB modem
> supplied. Not surprised they give them away. The DG834G was worth every
> penny.

:) Good to know its slowly working out for you.

By the way I am sending this via Linux using Evolution (it was
> installed) so the system is well and truly up and running. - No I'm not.
> The
> 'Send/Receive' button was greyed out and I couldn't find out why (seems to
> be configured correctly) so I copied it so that I could send it via
> Outlook.
> But my Internet connection from Ubuntu is working fine and I have been
> able
> to download all the updates for my system for the first time.

So probably evolution is not configured to send and receive using your
account yet? Have you entered POP/SMTP details etc?

One last question:
> Can I copy over to Linux my Contacts and In/Sent Boxes from Outlook? And
> if
> so, how do
> I go about it?

Ah, here's fun. You need to import the .pst file into Thunderbird and then
across to evolution as the latter doesn't have the capacity to convert the
.pst file format (yet). You'll need to do the thunderbird install and import
in Windows. Then reboot into Linux and you can import your mail from
thunderbird on the NTFS partition to Evolution.

Regards
Chris

--
http://www.chruz.com