[Hudlug] Email not sent

Derek Allen dmallen at uku.co.uk
Fri Apr 27 17:56:29 BST 2007

Hi all,
So far I have managed the migration from Windows about 90%. I am using
Ubuntu and with the Netgear router am online but I cannot get Evolution to
send mail. It receives mail ok but stops with the dialogue box showing that
'Receiving' has been successfully completed and it is 'Sending mail'. But
that is as far as it gets. After several minutes I have had to cancel the
operation.

I have checked and checked again and again the configuration but can find no
errors anywhere. It is correctly set to the smtp server I use and has the
correct login details and addresses.

I  have tried installing Mozilla Thunderbird but get the same results from
that program. Looking at the syslog there is the message ---MARK--- for the
time I tried to send the email but it means nothing to me. (The message log
also has the same message.)

Can anyone offer any advice?

Derek Allen

Checked by AVG Free Edition.