[Hudlug] no quotes, no apostrophes

michaelweaver weavermicha at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 3 14:39:19 BST 2007

I seem to have had this problem for a while but I cannot seem to be able
to get Quotes or Apostrophe when writing text.
I have asked on various mailinglists as to what could be the cause of
the problem resulting in a beeping sound or characters not showing when
I delete which is another problem with this punctuation thing and so far
nobody has been able to tell me what is causing it and how to resolve
it.
If for example I put an Apostrophe in a word, I press the next character
and it bleeps and the apostrophe is not there.
My PC is set to UK keyboard so I cannot understand the problem and it is
not happening in Windows.