[Hudlug] pc or mac, which one

Paul Brook paul at codesourcery.com
Wed Aug 8 16:54:04 BST 2007

On Tuesday 07 August 2007, Michael Weaver wrote:
> If I decide to purchase a new computer next year for running Linux,
> which would I be best going for, PC or Mac?
> If I were to go for a Mac is the keyboard layout verry much different?
> I know certain keys might be labelled differently possibly what the PC
> keyboard calls ALT keys.

Modern Mac hardware is basically just regular PC hardware in a shiny box.

There only real difference is that the bundled mouse only has one button, but
that's easily fixable (USB mice cost approximately nothing), and I guess you
don't use the mouse anyway.

Keyboard layouts are also easily fixed.

Paul