[Hudlug] i have had a thought

MICHAEL WEAVER michaelweaver1 at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 1 05:07:31 GMT 2007

I have had a thought about getting my Internet connection tempoarily working
in Linux until I can get my desktop sorted out with Linux or buy a wireless
Router for home use with my BT account and have both desktop and laptop
machines networked.
Is there a way of connecting my laptop using my BT Voyager Broadband MODEM
which Ben did manage to get working on his laptop as he was able to access
the web with it which I normally use for my desktop machine without
affecting my connection settings for Voxbar so I can switch between the two
without affecting the settings for Voxbar and basically run my BT account
until I can get Ubuntu on the Desktop so then I can do a bit more work with
Linux and maybe in that way apt-get a copy of Speakup, Espeak,
Speech-dispatcher etc and have a go at trying to get them installed and
configured on the laptop?