[Hudlug] Hudlug Digest, Vol 192, Issue 1

Paul Brook paul at codesourcery.com
Thu Sep 3 11:57:10 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 02 September 2009, Leigh Sykes wrote:
> My son has just left school at 16.  He has an interest in computing.  Does
> anyone have any recommendations of how he can go about acquiring some Linux
> skills?

My best recommendation would be to actually use whatever he's interested in.
"Linux skills" is such a vague term, it could mean anything. Pick something
interesting in, and go make it work. While it may not be feasible to do full-
scale load testing in a domestic environment but you can still play with
pretty much everything else, especially now virtual machines readily
available. If noting else this should give some indication which areas are
worth pursuing further.

Paul