[Hudlug] ledger

michael weaver weavermicha at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 28 19:47:11 UTC 2010

someone mentioned on one of the blind linux mailinglists
accounting software called "leddger" which works via the command
line.
i have just got ubuntu karmic working on both my new laptop pc
and my hp desktop pc which is also new.
the laptop took more work to install ubuntu as i needed sighted
assistance to alter the drives around in the bios menu which
someone did for me at work.
how do i go about creating my accounts with ledger?
do i have to start with some information in a text file created
by something like nano, vi or gedit before i execute my commands?
perhaps someone could advise me as there doesn't appear to be a
manual.
if i could get this working it might prove to be more accessible
with orca than the likes of gnucash.