[Hudlug] still active?

Paul Brook paul at codesourcery.com
Sat Sep 25 18:13:57 UTC 2010

> My name is Josh Higgins, I've just started at the University of
> Huddersfield studying Music Technology Software Development.
>
> Is hudlug still active? The website looks like its been dormant for a
> while.

Short answer is no. Several of the previously active members (including
myself) have moved out of the area, and I believe it's now pretty much
defunct.

AFAIK the nearest active LUG is WYLUG, which meets in Leeds (A short train
ride away!) on the second Monday of the month. See wylug.org.uk -
announcements are sometimes a bit last-minute, but the next meeting will be
10th Oct.

If you're interested in trying to reinvigorate HudLUG I wish you the best of
luck, but be warned that you'll effectively be starting from scratch.  I can
assist with technical details like the wiki/mailing list.

Paul