[IOML] Slightly OT question

Dylan Smith dyls at dylansmith.co.im
Thu Jun 19 13:29:01 2003

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003, Daniel Ankers wrote:

> Hi Dylan,
> I don't think I'm going to be able to get anywhere with them - they're giving
> me the "we don't do that as a product" line.

Sigh. That's the line they gave me, too :-/ The idiotic thing is them "not
doing that as a product" means the Homesurfer ADSL system is _more useful_
than the expensive business product! (Especially if you get the mcb.net
service since they are prepared to give static IPs for home users).
>From their attitude, you'd expect that I was asking to buy nuclear weapons
from them.

> I'm trying to get telnet access to the router for you now so you can do it
> yourself.  I'll let you know how I get on...

Cheers. If all else fails, believe it or not a Speed Touch USB would be
more useful to me! But I bet they won't give a discount if we return the
(expensive) SpeedStream 5861 to them.

--
Dylan Smith, Castletown, Isle of Man      | Code fast, crash young and
Flying: http://www.dylansmith.net         | leave a beautiful core.