[IOML] Hi

Chris Bryden c.bryden at virgin.net
Wed May 28 03:46:01 2003

--=======A884331=======

Hi,

Yep, had a few beers, all been a bit quiet for a while, so thought I might
use up some bandwidth with something other than spam...

Been doing pretty much sweet FA on the linux-based-fun front recently due
to real work and parenthood, but just installed OpenZaurus 3.2 on the
little beast, just wondering that since MT started their GPRS service does
anyone know of any or had experience with GPRS CF cards for the Zaurus..?
Googled it, but nothing conclusive except from a possible from these boys
http://www.sdgsystems.com/

On the 802.11x front, I was looking at trying to get a bit more range out
of the access point to make some decent Douglas coverage ( at least to the
Cat ) a bit more of a realistic possibility, was looking at some high gain
antenna at http://www.lanshop.co.uk/wireless-lan-networking-antenna.htm,
wondering if anyone had any input or would would be seriously interested in
setting up a good wireless network in Douglas a la http://www.consume.net/

Anyway, anyone fancy another IOMLUG meeting/beer consumption session in the
near future, an IOMLUG TT special...?
On the TT note, totally OT, but someone might know... has anyone any idea
what frequency the TT TV helicopter uses for their downlink?

Cheers,

P.S. Has anyone seen Matrix Reloaded yet? any good? Apparently, contrary to
most movie-hacking-wankfests Trinity actually uses nmap and a nice little
ssh-1 exploit to break into a host - http://www.insecure.org

--
Stay up late.
Stuff @ http://www.neonbox.net

PK @ http://www.neonbox.net/key.asc and http://www.keyserver.net
ID: 0x9C2E026D FP: 8003 E6DA 8C67 BE2F 36A7  7391 F5FD 31A9 9C2E 026D

---