[IOML] Enemy Territory

Dylan Smith dyls at dylansmith.co.im
Thu May 29 21:59:00 2003

Greetings all,

id software et al. have released a free game based on Return to Castle
Wolfenstein called 'Enemy Territory'. Naturally, it runs under Linux.

It looks like it'll be good fun (I've just spectated so far trying to get
an idea). It's more of a Counterstrike-style FPS than Unreal Tourney
style. I think it'd make a good LAN party game :-)

You can get it using BitTorrent at: http://zerowing.idsoftware.com/BT.html
(BitTorrent if you haven't used it yet is excellent - you can get BT from
http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent - it's a great way to distribute large
files without your server getting Slashdotted (in fact, up to a point, the
more users downloading the *lower* your server load)

Have fun :-)
--
Dylan Smith, Castletown, Isle of Man      | Code fast, crash young and
Flying: http://www.dylansmith.net         | leave a beautiful core.