[IOML] Waaaaah! MT forums!

Dylan Smith dyls at alioth.net
Fri May 14 09:55:25 BST 2004

Hi all,

It sounds like MT has closed the forums under 'political pressure', or
perhaps Mr. Corkill taking life too seriously.

Anyone know of new alternatives? What about general internet/computing for
the IOM? Perhaps we as the IOM LUG can step in for the computing side of
online forums for the Isle of Man.

Actually, I was thinking a little of a grander scheme - perhaps a registry
for open source practicioners on the Isle of Man as one of the problems
with OSS here is that the usual suspects when it comes to support/installs
only know Windows (XKO and the like), and it's difficult for people to
find where to get people who understand OSS to help and handhold them.

cheers.

--
Dylan Smith, Port St Mary, Isle of Man