[IOML] Re: IOM Digest, Vol 26, Issue 2

Booth, Simon simonbooth at kpmg.co.im
Wed Jan 19 09:07:37 GMT 2005

When does the telecoms monopoly run out ??

On 18 Jan 2005, at 14:56, Booth, Simon wrote:

>>> Who can afford that at MT's prices!
>
> Maybe we should all club together and lay our own cable.
>
> Any ideas when the MEA solution is to become available ?

Funnily enough I was talking to the MEA about that today. Apparently the
council of ministers still has to decide to allow them to go ahead and do
it. They apparently have some SERIOUS bandwidth going off-island though.

My guess is MT is putting pressure on the politicians to not let them do it
:/

(ObMTRant: MT are owned by O2 - but does that give us the customer any
advantage when roaming across on O2's network? No, we get to pay outrageous
roaming charges to use the same company's other network. The only people who
benefit from MT belonging to O2 are some top executives).

is unauthorized.

the governing client engagement letter.