[IoMLUG] Laptop with completely Free software stack now on sale in UK

Dan Wood mr.dan.wood at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 14:27:52 UTC 2013

Hello,

Someone was asking at our last meeting about the availabilty of
laptops with free software included, right down to BIOS level.

I've spotted that 'Gluglug' are now selling refurbished ThinkPad X60
machines with the BIOS replaced by Coreboot, and with a choice of Free
GNU/Linux distros as an operating system:

http://shop.gluglug.org.uk/

(I've no knowledge of this company, but just passing on the info. If
anyone orders one, let us know what they're like!)

Have a great Christmas / Solstice-fest and a happy New Year,
Dan.