[IoMLUG] FYI: A video of open source hardware running a GUI

Dylan Smith dyls at alioth.net
Fri Jun 20 21:41:49 UTC 2014

I have that very FPGA development board (Digilent Atlys, uses a Xilinx
Spartan 6 FPGA)

In other news I'm making an altor32 (lightweight OpenRISC) SoC from
scratch as an educational exercise. It won't run Linux though. It
doesn't even have a multiply instruction let alone cache, but it will
fit in a very small Spartan 3 FPGA. I'm hoping to use it as the basis
for a talk for the Isle of Man BCS or Code club or similar on open
hardware...