[IoMLUG] Fancy an amateur radio licence?

Dan Wood mr.dan.wood at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 09:07:32 UTC 2016

Hello all,

Apologies if this is off-topic, but I know that a few people on the
list had asked me about getting started in amateur radio in the past.
A lot of the visitors coming to Laxey's 'Linux Bier Wanderung' event (
https://lbw.crye.me.uk ) are also involved in amateur radio, so it may
feature as part of the activities there too.

Anyway, the Isle of Man Amateur Radio Society are running a class for
the Foundation Licence, which is the entry level licence in the UK
(and IoM). It gives you access to most of the amateur radio bands.

More details here:
https://iomars.wordpress.com/2016/04/13/foundation-courseexam-update

Cheers,
Dan.