[IoMLUG] I'm still here (lurking) but working full time and not much spare capacity. Unused Pi still sitting in its box!

Dan mr.dan.wood at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 21:59:44 UTC 2024

>On Mon, 22 Jan 2024 at 14:51, Martin Houston <mhoust42 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Any appetite to restart meetings? Was it Covid restrictions that killed things off?
>
> On Mon, 22 Jan 2024 at 11:46, Dan via IoM <iom at mailman.lug.org.uk> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 22 Jan 2024 at 10:15, Andrew Hall via IoM
>> <iom at mailman.lug.org.uk> wrote:
>> >
>> > As long as someone isn't paying just to keep the mailing list alive then why not leave it? One of these days somebody might reach out here...?
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> > --Andrew.
>> >
>> > --
>>
>> Hi Andrew,
>>
>> Good to know you're still around and lurking! That poor Pi is just
>> desperate for something to do, you know...
>>
>> Dan.
>>
>> --
>

> --
> Mobile: 07624 490855 (Isle of Man Number)

The face to face meetings stopped long before the pandemic started.
There have been a few pub meets timed around major distro releases in
the past, and we also did some public drop-in things for Software
Freedom Day and even a little spot on Manx Radio, but it was many
years ago now.

I changed jobs, so I don't work on a weekly pattern any more. In fact
I don't even work to daylight schedules either. Meeting humans in real
life is not something I do easily now! But it's a good aspiration to
have. Never say never.

Dan.