[Klug-general] the KLUG roadshow

Kevin Groves kevin.groves at kentpharm.co.uk
Tue Sep 13 12:30:10 BST 2005

Athon Solo wrote:

> Looking back at the original thread (Crisis Meeting), part of the
> original idea of having a "Roadshow" was so that the variations in
> venue    would mean that everyone would get a chance to come. One
> month (or however frequent it becomes) it could be in the North of
> Kent, allowing "Northerners" to make it and the next in the South.
>
> One of the biggest problems in finding a venue, and I came across this
> a few years back when I looked at organising a small (~10-20 people)
> LAN gaming event is power. Many places just don't have the power
> infrastructure to support 10 - 20 PCs running at the same time.
> There's also issues of insurance that some venues worry about.

This is my problem (apart from the time), for price of the rent I need a
large number of people so to draw that many in I need a good location
over a whole day, then if it's going to cost a bit on the door and the
amount of time it takes to arrange, advertise and setup means once a
month is out of the question so once a quater is more possible.

> My main concern for the group would be that if meetings don't restart
> soonish, it could mean that the existing members drift away and the
> membership has to be restarted from scratch.

Theres been a few leave the list and a few join so its pretty static at
64 members although I'm on here twice.

I *really* want to get the meets going again so if I have to let the big
ideas go until we have the time and funding then I'm just going to have
to accept it and go for a small venue to keep everyone interested. I
know theres been a few room hosting offers. If I havent made contact by
the end of the week can you jog me with a direct email please?

At the last vague count I think there were four or five so if they are
OK to arrange we might get back to the one a month around the county.

Thanks all
Kev,