FW: [Klug-general] XP refund

Karl Lattimer karl at qdh.org.uk
Sat Nov 18 20:17:55 GMT 2006

On Fri, 2006-11-17 at 21:11 +0000, alex at asmhosting.com wrote:
> >It's a good story and I'm glad he won, but it's typically poor BBC IT
> >reporting. To say that you cannot buy a laptop without OS is simply not
> >true, and serves only to reinforce the myth that computer=windoze.

can you buy a machine at pc world without an OS?

That serves to answer the previous statement, protecting the fact that
there are places you CAN is irrelevant when the vast majority of
distributors only provide windows preloaded. It isn't reinforcing a
myth, it is illustrating a point without getting pedantic.

K,