[Klug-general] A gentle reminder - Thanet Meeting this weekend

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk
Thu Mar 8 14:27:48 GMT 2007

Quoting J D Freeman <klug at quixotic.org.uk>:

> On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 02:18:55PM +0000, Matthew Macdonald-Wallace wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Just a gentle reminded that the Thanet LUG is meeting at Cafe Bello on
>> Saturday afternoon @ 1400hrs.
>>
>> We may or may not move onto a pub depending on who turns up and how
>> old they all are! :)
>>
>> For more info, see the website - http://www.thanet.lug.org.uk/
>
> Just discusssing with some of the others on irc how to get there and the
> like.

By train to be honest, it's half-way down the high street on the
rigyht-hand side and parking's a bit of an issue in Broadstairs!

> Where is the best place to park?

On a side-street.  Seriously, there is very little if any car-parking
space in Broadstairs and any proper car parks that exist are
Pay&Display.

> Should we bring anything with us?

Ummm, not sure really.  The initial idea was to have an informal
meeting to see who's in the area and who's interested in getting the
group running properly.

I kinda thought we'd move on to more technical meetings as and when
the group decided to meet more often than just once! :)

AFAIK, there is no wireless access at the Cafe, however I know that
one bloke is probably going to bring his laptop because he's got a few
new-user questions about installing and using Ubuntu, apart from that,
there's no agenda, no minutes to be taken and no defined talks - just
open, honest and hopefully non-offensive discussion about Linux,
Open-Source and who we all are.

I can probably hash together a few maps if people really want
carparks, but like I say, you're better off parking on a side street
and walking back to the high street.

Cheers,

Matt
--