[Klug-general] Confusing initials

Mike Rentell michael.rentell at ntlworld.com
Fri May 11 13:59:51 BST 2007

Hi gang,

This week's edition of PC Plus magazine (now in revolutionary two part
format!) has a project to install what is called Virtual Network
Computing (VNC). Programs like tightVNC are supplied on the DVD for
client and server. All for Windoze of course.

I have Mandriva 2007 Free on my desktop computer and the networking
options include some programs for Virtual Private Networking (VPN).

My question is - are these two things the same? Will the tightVNC on my
laptop under Windows2000 talk to a VPN server running under Linux?

Might be fun to try - it might keep ze leetle grey cells from atrophying
in me dotage.

MikeR
in Earthquake city