[Klug-general] LinuxConf 2007

Colin McCarthy binarysignal at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 20:45:34 BST 2007

On 9/5/07, james snyder <james.snyder at linuxmail.org> wrote:

> Karl Lattimer & I went up to the LinuxConf Europe 2007 Conference and
> Tutorials in Cambridge. We talked mostly with the following people about
> Linux:
>
> LPI & Linuxgym
>
> John Kacur - IBM Canada Ltd.
> Integrating IBM's real-time Java with the -rt Linux patch set
>
> Michael Meeks - Novell, Inc
> IO/grind - A new profiler
>
> Alp Toker - Collabora Ltd.
> WebKit/Gtk+: An alternative browser engine for the free desktop
>
> Linus Torvalds  -Advanced Git BOF
>
> Alain Williams - UK Unix User Group
>
> Karl L. gave thanks to Linus for the Kernel whilst I talked with Linus
> about his experiences in Cambridge and mentioned that 'I am a big fan' (yes
> I was such a start-struck idiot I know).
> All in all a really worthwhile event. Why don't we have an event in Kent?

Wow sounds like a big event with a lot of 'Tux' stars there.  Wish I could
have gone but too close to start of the school year to get a day off or take
a sickie :-)

Look forward to hearing more about it at our next meeting.  Did you get any
cool freebies? (I am sure that is what everyone is wondering)

Colin