[Klug-general] Klug Website

Dan Attwood danattwood at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 27 16:36:09 BST 2008

Klug website update

 We've added a bunch of new stuff to the website today details below;

 Random headers;

 the site now has the ability to have a random header image. Currently there
are only 2 but it would be really cool if Klug members could brush up on
their gimp/ inkscape skills and submit some more.

 Header images needs to be 748 pixels width and no higher than 130 pixels
and either a jpeg or a png. Ideally they should also have 'Kent Linux user
group' or 'Klug' on them and a strapline - currently the strap line is
'spreading the good word of linux across the garden of England' but we're
open to new strap lines.

 All submissions should sent directly to me at danattwood at googlemail.com

 Planet Klug Beta Version 0.8.2.3.2

 We now have something approaching a planet/ Rss feed type thing that
Registered Klug members can sign up to.

 It will read the Rss feeds of members blogs etc and add in to a page in
chronological order along with your user profile picture. Unfortunately it
isn't tag aware – so every blog you make will appear on the feed.

 Because it's a little fiddly to get to work if you would like to be added
please send your rss feed directly to my email and I will check and add it
your profile. Please note in order to be added you will also need to make
sure that your profile has a picture associated with it.

 Past-meetings;

 We have created anew section to hold notes on past meetings. Useful both
for those that couldn't make it along and also for checking links that were
mentioned if like me you turn up but have no memory.

 Articles;

 We have created an articles section. When creating content, either a page
or a story, select article form the drop down list and it will automatically
be added to the articles pages.

Dan