[Klug-general] Re: Non profit making projects - or projects that could make millions

Stephen Ryan sryan at intrench.com
Mon May 5 12:53:34 BST 2008

So are you considering this as a commercial project?

Kev,

--
Kevin Groves                               VAT No: 776 2747 86
http://www.ksoft-creative-projects.co.uk   Tel/Fax: 01304 210153

>>> Stephen said...

I'd like to think that members of KLUG are not averse to making some money.
I've often thought - why should highly talented people not be rewarded
financially in the open source community? In fact I have found that when you
give your smarts away for free - this often manifests as resentment from the
recipient.
In the games business, only a few people get to make some money - the rest
do it for love (or Pizza) - which is not bad in itself. I feel the tide is
turning and that those with the technical smarts should begin to leverage
their many talents. If such a project were to be undertaken, I'd like to
think that all KLUG members would be able to benefit - but not at the
expense of having fun and doing what you really want to do.

Stephen Ryan