[Klug-general] A long shot question

Kevin Groves kgroves at ksoft-creative-projects.co.uk
Thu May 15 12:54:03 BST 2008

Stuart Buckland wrote:
> If by CAN you mean the controller bus often used within vehicles then
> while I know what it is I've never looked at it in much depth.  I didn't
> realise there were Linux drivers available as I was under the impression
> a license fee would be payable.
>
> Stu

Yes thats the one CAN bus. Aparently it was included in the Linux kernel
from 2.6.25 according to Wikipedia. And looking around there are quite a
few open source projects that have mapped it to serial ports with a
protocol over the top. I'm going to dig a bit further as I may be trying
it out pretty soon if it works.

Kev,