[Klug-general] [Job] - Linux Admin - Tonbridge/London (Samba/Red Hat)

Daniel Spain daniel.spain at jenrickcpi.co.uk
Mon Apr 20 13:48:03 UTC 2009

Hi all,

Just popped over from the Surrey group as I thought some of the people from
Kent may be interested due to the location, (I did check with the admin’s
first too that it was ok before you all flame me).

One of my colleagues is looking for a new Linux Admin, who will be
responsible for the core systems which require 24/7 monitoring and high
availability of 99.99%, providing systems administration for web-based PSP;
both internal & external systems.

Salary: Around the £30k mark (I know this isn’t great, but salary’s have
been hit a bit in the current market).

Location: Tonbridge/ London with some flexibility to work from Bath for an
initial 2 month training period.

Essential skills;
- Daily Linux System administration experience
- MySQL
- Pearl scripting
- Apache, Tomcat
- IPtables
- Samba Linux/Windows Integration
- RDBMS &/or PostgreSQL DB
- NIS/NFS
- Kickstart
- TCP/IP sub netting / routing
- IPsec / OpenVPN
- kernel patching / loadable modules implementation
- SMTP/POP3/IMAP SSLv3/TLSv1 Configuration
- 2nd/3rd line support
- SNMP/RMON
- CVS/SVN configuration / maintenance
- Monitoring systems

I will be in the #Klug IRC channel for the next couple days and I’m always
lurking in #surrey if you have any Q’s, so feel free to ask anything. It is
one of my colleagues who is dealing with it though so I will have to pass
you over to him if you want to apply.

Dan.