[Klug-general] Modem Internet Bandwidth Monitor

Paul Littlefield paul.littlefield at bigfoot.com
Thu Nov 5 12:34:34 UTC 2009

Hi Folks

I need something to monitor the internet bandwidth usage (busy periods, etc) for a dsl modem. It's a ZyXel 600 series which supports SNMP I believe.

I have a client with 30+ users and their internet is slowing at various times of the day to a snails pace, and I need to investigate the cause.

(I have my suspicions :)

I was also thinking of 'ntop' on the server/gateway to monitor the network in general but if there's something else that's smaller and lightweight then tell me...

Cheers!

:-)

Paully