[Klug-general] Linux weather station!

Benjamin Donnachie benjamin at py-soft.co.uk
Sat Feb 20 18:25:43 UTC 2010

On 20 February 2010 18:19, J D Freeman <klug at quixotic.org.uk> wrote:
> The avr series of chips has a library for implementing the 1 wire
> interface in software.

Is that as master or device?  The PIC has a library for master but
haven't found device yet, but part of the fun will be implementing the
protocol! :)  I assume AVRs are just as easy to program?

> You will find that some of the chips can be got as engineering samples for
> alot less than the 7 ukp you quote :p

I was looking at the 6-pin PIC10F200 for the counting module which is
about $0.30 - need to have a rummage as I did get some samples from
Microchip years ago but probably buried under a heap of junk
somewhere.... :)

Take care,

Ben