[Klug-general] VPN

Peter Childs pchilds at bcs.org
Sun Sep 5 13:04:18 UTC 2010

On 5 September 2010 11:34, Martin A. Brooks <martin at antibodymx.net> wrote:
> On Sun, September 5, 2010 06:38, Peter Childs wrote:
>
>> I'm not saying they don't work.
>
> So when you said "A list of commands to set it up don't get me very far
> when they don't work." you meant....... something else.
>

>> What I'm saying is some explanation
>> would be useful... I've done a degree module on Cryptography and the
>> subject still turns my brain to spaghetti.
>

> HOWTOs are generally written as a shortcut through the documentation.
> Take a common use case and give step by step instructions for getting that
> case working.

Point taken, However, If a how to needs steps changing with users own
variables or need steps repeating multiple times depending on a users
requirements its useful to know what and how.

For example if I want to set up N VPN clients I need N client Keys, so
I need to know how to create these N clients, Words like repeat step 4
for each client help, I guess......

Also if I have one client that needs to be able to connect to multiple
servers is there a way to use the same client key, or is the user
going to need one key per a server, (Multiple site, which in my case
I'm not doing....)

Howto's often easily transfer to some kind on flowchart....

Peter.