[Klug-general] Disaster Recovery?

nic dan dungeons88 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 25 10:43:28 UTC 2011

I normally use Testdisk, which is one of the tools on my TRK utility CD...more info/download here

http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk

http://trinityhome.org/Home/index.php?content=TRINITY_RESCUE_KIT_DOWNLOAD&front_id=12&lang=en&locale=en

TRK has other utilities on it, too, but after burning the iso, pop it in, with the offending drive connected and boot

[Read the section on lost/corrupted partition fat tables]

type testdisk at the prompt, and follow the instructions to analyze the drive....it should see the existing and previous partitions...once your happy that it sees the correct info, save/write the fat table for recovery...it should be that simple....good luck

Aitch