[Klug-general] poor mans svn

Dan Attwood danattwood at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 07:14:58 UTC 2011

I just thought I'd share this with the group.

I've been using netbeans for a good while but have recently found the lack
of github support and the fact that it makes my work machine run like a
greyhound with it's legs set in concrete a little annoying.

So I started looking for a replacement IDE and began to settle on PhpStorm -
which is proprietary but free to open source and education. I've now found
that a phpstorm project can have multiple remote servers attached to it. So
I can merrily work away saving by default to my dev server and then when
something is ready for live, right click, select upload to and choose the
live server.

So not really version control as such and no good for teams of more than one
but working nicely for me.

Dan